Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ktrivia

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 88 11:52 PDT
Subject: Ktrivia

     Ktrivium #1:
     ^^^^^^^^^^^
     In a recent Los Angeles Times interview with Sinead O'Connor the
singer was asked how she felt about being compared to other female
artists, and showed surprisingly good sense in replying: "I don't mind
being compared with Kate Bush, because I really like her stuff.  What
I don't like are the comparisons with people like Suzanne Vega and
Joni Mitchell..."

     Ktrivium #2:
     ^^^^^^^^^^^
     Cary Darling of _Movie_Line_, a Hollywood throwaway, commented in
the March 4 issue: "<John> Hughes really shows his skill for song
selection in _She's_Having_a_Baby_. Those who see the film can't help
but be dazzled by Elizabeth McGovern's childbirth scene, and part of
its power is derived from the accompanying song, _A_Woman's_Work_
<sic> by Kate Bush. With a whisper of luck, the British
singer/composer may now start to enjoy the kind of popularity in the
U.S. that she has in Europe. This mesmerizing ballad is so strong it
almost overwhelms the rest of the soundtrack."

-- Andrew Marvick
                     <It's coming soon...>