Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Two (or more) "Running Up That Hill" videos?

From: xenon!jw@WONKO.MIT.EDU (Jeff A. Williams)
Date: 14 Jul 88 21:14:31 GMT
Subject: Two (or more) "Running Up That Hill" videos?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Recently, I purchased _The Whole Story_ video, hoping to see the same
video of "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" that I had seen on
MTV.  However, the video on the tape was different than the one I
remember from MTV.  Does more than one version of the video exist?  If
so, where can I find the MTV version?

As I recall, the MTV version consisted of KaTe standing (behind a
podium?), with several men behind her.  The men were dressed in robes,
and were playing various musical instruments.  I only saw it once, so
the details are fuzzy, and I don't remember much more than that -- I
just remember that it was an excellent video (to go with an incredible
song).

This was the first time I had ever seen, heard, or heard of KaTe, and
I have been a fan of hers ever since.  I guess MTV does have its
redeeming qualities.
--
Jeff A. Williams	uunet!ingr!b11!xenon!jw
			uunet!ingr!b11!chetju!jw

Disclaimer:  These opinions be just mine only.

	[ You can see the MTV version by watching MTV.  What you saw
	  on MTV is not really a video.  MTV didn't like Kate's real
	  video because she didn't lip-sync in it.  MTV apparently
	  refuses to play non-lip-synced videos for "breaking
	  artists".  So Kate sent them a video tape of a TV appearance
	  on the Terry Wogan show.  After MTV refused to play Kate's
	  real video, they nominated it for best female video of the
	  year, in the MTV video awards.  You go figure.  -- |>oug ]