Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush's Videos

From: blblbl!henrik@WONKO.MIT.EDU (Larry DeLuca)
Date: 22 Jul 88 06:31:25 GMT
Subject: Kate Bush's Videos
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I've always wondered why Kate Bush choreographed her early videos (and
let Keefe direct so many of them).

I really respect her as a musical artist, but frankly she's a
*terrible* choreographer (though I will admit that her cinematic view
(as well as her choreography) have improved somewhat with _Hair of the
Hound_).

How does she feel about the videos?  About her choreography?  Why
doesn't she hire out to someone who can do a better job (I understand
the DIY feeling and find it runs heavy in myself, but still...)?

					larry...

[ Well, you don't have to like Kate's choreography, but that certainly
  doesn't make it "terrible".  It's certainly unique, and that alone
  is worth a whole lot.  -- |>oug ]