Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mailbag (Kate-echism XV.7.v) (Kate&Midge&Stuff)

From: Alex Ferguson <mcvax!cs.glasgow.ac.uk!ferguson@UUNET.UU.NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 88 22:07:47 BST
Subject: Re: Mailbag (Kate-echism XV.7.v) (Kate&Midge&Stuff)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>> Rumor has it Kate will be on this album in some capacity (B-vocals, I
>> assume).  Anyone know for sure?

>> -- Andy Tucker

>     Where did _this_ rumour originate from? Kate has already worked
> with Midge Ure, of course. Midge contributed BVs and electric guitar
> to Kate's live performance of _The_Wedding_List_ at the Prince's
> Trust Gala concert.

> But that's all IED has ever heard about a KT/U-Vox connection.

This rumour is rather substantiated by a television appearance by Ure
some weeks ago in which (to paraphrase rather approximately) he
stated: that he had finished recording his new *solo* (not Ultravox)
album; that this was considerably "deeper" than his previous work (I
dunno, don't ask me what he meant); and that he had been working with
people he hadn't had the chance to before, such as Kate Bush
(presumably he wasn't counting the above capacity).

>     IED fully shares your frustration over the dearth of worthwhile
> KT discussion in L-Hs, but he for one long ago gave up complaining

At the risk of prolonging Kate monotheists' agony, is anyone familiar
with a Midge Ure/I-can't-remember-who collaboration, _The_Bloodied_Sword_?
It gets mercilessly hyped in a Chrysalis catalogue as "a highly acclaimed
fantasy concept album", but I've never seen (much less heard) it.

--
Alex Ferguson.

ARPA:		ferguson%cs.glasgow.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
USENET:		ferguson@cs.glasgow.uucp
JANET:		ferguson@uk.ac.glasgow.cs
LotsOf!'sNet:	...!mcvax!ukc!cs.glasgow.ac.uk!ferguson

"You mean you could have walked the galaxy and you simply never bothered?"