Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mainly non-musical I fear

From: nbc@INFORMATICS.RUTHERFORD.AC.UK
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 88 19:16:23 bst
Subject: Mainly non-musical I fear

> From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> Subject: prediKTion

> KT     It's coming soon. Not much longer now. IED asserts that  KT
> KT  news of a new Kate Bush single will come before Labor Day.  KT

Well I did not see anything on May 1st! Oh, it means something
different to you guys. Being an ignorant limey I had to go and look
this up. Do you mean that only news of it will come or that the actual
small black piece of plastic will appear?

Does anyone know of a forthcoming collaborative project featuring
Kate.  I was on the phone the other day with the radio on in the
background.  I vaguely heard the DJ mentioning a long list of names
when suddenly Kate's name was mentioned. Naturally, the ever present
KT daemon in my head immediately swapped my attention over to the
radio, but the only other name I heard was Dave Wakelin (of the Beat)
and no mention of what the project was.  Frustrating in the extreme!

Anyway, it is good to have Lovehounds back after a long absence. I
trust Eddie is fully recovered. I was beginning to believe that the
non-arrival of Lovehound bulletins was somehow connected with the
arrival on my desk of a brochure featuring on its front cover a blue
pentagram with the letters IED in the middle, advertising the 1988 UK
IT Conference. Surely a misprint for KT I thought! Unfortunately, it
really was IT. However, I am sure the "other" IED will one day come
over and reclaim the moniker that has been usurped by these English
wastrels and chair a KT conference.  Will the real IED please stand
up.

Be seeing you.