Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sisters Of Mercy (Alice)

From: felix!garth!hal@trantor.UMD.EDU (Hal Broome)
Date: 24 Jun 88 05:19:57 GMT
Subject: Re: Sisters Of Mercy (Alice)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have two versions of this song which I taped from John Peel's BBC 1
Radio show out of London; you might find at least one of them in the
cd session series which I have heard is coming out.

The great thing about Peel is that he would make you listen to so many
off-the-wall songs that you never ever bothered to keep track of any
of them (too many).  I remember reading where there are only two
members now, a couple, but there were more when this song was
recorded.  The Alice of the title referred to the one in Wonderland, I
quess, for the lyrics were quite psychedelic. . . . there`s another
song of their's which Peel played once or twice, with the ending
chorus "fly, fly, fly" which was equally as good a song.

hal