Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sugarcubes

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 88 22:40:34 EDT
Subject: sugarcubes

Weirdo female vocals of the moment: The Sugarcubes - from Iceland.
The single "Birthday" is getting heavy play on WFNX.  The co-lead
singer, Bjork, has a shrieky growly weird voice.  I got the CD, it's
not bad.  Since you MUST be into weirdo female vox, or you wouldn't be
reading this list, you might like it too.

IED: what are you basing this prediction of yours on?  Refresh my
memory, for my faKT file is missing - did Running Up That Hill come
out in advance of the HoL LP proper?  And how early?  Believe me, I'm
anticipating new KT as much as you, but I'm skeptical of seeing
anything before November at this point.  On the other hand, as the
speaker in "The Adventures Of Ruby" just said: "A thing need not exist
materially for it to be real."  How synchronicitous!

Jon Drukman                      University of Massachusetts
BITNET: jsd@umass                ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
"There will always be a spot for you here, in my little android
 heart."  -- Angel Lips