Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thomas Dolby -- AIRHEAD

From: Jamie Andrews <jha%lfcs.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
Date: 13 Apr 1988 0933-WET (Wednesday)
Subject: Thomas Dolby -- AIRHEAD
Fcc: outbox

     Saw this ad in the latest edition of a Scottish
entertainment-guide type magazine.

		T H O M A S   D O L B Y

		A  i  r  h  e  a  d___

		  ---      NEW SINGLE
		 /   |      OUT NOW
	     (1)|    |     ON 7" & 12"
		\    /  ---      ,
                 V\ /V |   \(2) >*<
		/  V   /    |    | (3)
		|  |   |  / |   >*<
		|                |
		)/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~( )
		|          ===== (4)
		--|AIRHEAD|(5)--------

where
(1) is TMDR with a shocked/frightened look on his face looking
    very clean-cut, sans glasses, with a white shirt and loosened
    striped tie
(2) is a woman (Lene Lovich?) pressed against his shoulder
    looking back the same direction he is with a shocked/-
    frightened look on her face
(3) is a palm tree
(4) is the front hood of an early-60s style car
(5) is the license plate

... the whole giving the impression of an early-60s California
teen horror movie, or maybe the movie _Body Heat_.

     I'm too cheap to buy a turntable (yes, I listen even to _The
Dreaming_ on cassette!) so I won't go out hunting for it, but I
thought you other TMDR fans might like to know.

wacka wacka
--Jamie.
  jha@lfcs.ed.ac.uk
"We'll be the pirate twins again"