Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 88 12:20 PDT
Subject: MisK.

     Glad to hear Liz feels at home in Love-Houndsland. A big welcome
is extended to Lizooshka!

> Kate would probably kill me for it, but a tape I made of my remixes
> was my favorite tape to load into my Walkman and listen to while
> going to the grocery store--takes your mind off the price of food
> these days, I tell ya! :-)

     Kate would never kill anyone! She's a sweetie.

>     Well, I've rambled enough, and I'm sure this will get edited to
> pieces, so I'll be off. Maybe someday I'll get back in touch and
> tell y'all about the perfect master's thesis, assuming you could get
> someone to approve it-- humor in Kate's music.

> -- Lizooshka

     A great idea, but it sounds like a lot of work. If you don't get
it approved, Love-Hounds will still accept it.  And if you do write on
the subject, the WSI Press would probably be interested in publishing
it...

>         Andy, I think your first reading [of "All The Love"] is
>    really stretching it!  For one, it is incredibly awkward. The
>    final conclusion, "I'll give them what they want to hear" being
>    presented in the middle of the paragraph with no audible
>    indicator that this is the conclusion? The conclusion at the end
>    of the paragraph with the very audible "So" to indicate that it
>    is a conclusion, not being the real conclusion?  You'll have to
>    do better than that!  Also, I do not think that anyone would
>    maintain that "telling people what they want to hear" is a good
>    thing.  -- |>oug

     Oh.

     Never mind.

     (You're very convincing about this one, |>oug.  IED was
definitely stretching it -- but it was kind of fun for a while.)

-- Andrew Marvick