Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello Earth...again...

From: JONES%RPICICGE.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Deb Wentorf)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 88 15:38:36 EDT
Subject: Hello Earth...again...

Hello there once again--

Note to Joseph Hall at North Carolina State in Raleigh, NC......
First of all, I tried repeatedly to send you notes at the following
address: ECE-CSC!JNH@UCSD.EDU, and the bloody mail kept getting sent
back to me, saying that it was an invalid address. Help please!

Until I figure out where youcan be reached, let me just say this...

I must agree with Doug's response to your admission that Hounds of
Love left you lacking.  Well, all I can tell you is....listen again...
and again!!  Like yourself, I'm a BIG Genesis and Gabriel fan, but I
also have more than enough room for the likes of the fair Ms. Kate.
MY personal fave albums of hers are "The Kick Inside" and "The
Dreaming", but such audio treats as the opening bit of "Hello Earth"
gives me chills!  (As many of you may have guessed by the way I
usually open my notes to you)

Give Kate another listen, if not "Hounds", then another album.  I
didn't become a fan of hers overnight either, but boy, am I glad that
I gave her a chance.

  Good luck...good listening.
                                    All the best,
                                        Deb Wentorf