Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Kirsty

From: "Neil B. M. Calton" <nbc@vax-d.rutherford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 88 11:09:20 gmt
Subject: More Kirsty

> From: "Raymond J. Ryan, Jr." <rr12+@andrew.cmu.edu>
> Subject: Kristy MacColl

> I've only heard one cover of Bill Bragg's "New England."  If MacColl
> is responsible then she should spend, if not all of eternity, then
> at least a few years roasting in Hell.

I doubt whether Billy Bragg would agree with you there Ray. Not only
did he pen an extra verse for Kirsty's version of the song but he also
made a cameo appearance in her video. Speaking as a fan of Bragg I
thought her version was fine.

Jees, Kylie Minogue is still at number one - I'll never speak ill of
Madonna again.

Be seeing you.