Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oldfield

From: tmoyer@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Tomi Moyer)
Date: 19 Mar 88 01:15:35 GMT
Subject: Oldfield
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

This is my very first (!) attempt at article posting on the USENET, so
please be gentle... :>

I found this newsgroup by accident, and I have 3 questions:

	1)  Who are the 'Love-Hounds'?  (Every article in this newsgroup
	    seems to have their name attached to their article headings!)

      [	Love-Hounds are sick puppies, who worship the blinding musical
	light of a certain British musician, Kate Bush.  -- |>oug ]

	2)  Who/What is 'gaffa', and what does it mean?

      [	"Gaffa" is a european jargon term for "gaffer's tape".  Kate
	Bush has a song entitled "Suspended in Gaffa".  -- |>oug ]

	3)  (Most Important Question)
	    Does anyone out there know if Mike Oldfield is planning to
	    do a U.S. tour to promote his new _Islands_ album?  I
	    don't think he's been out here (Ca.) since his _Five Miles
	    Out_ tour (or was it _QE2_ ??).  At that time, he
	    (Oldfield) said something to the effect that he would wait
	    for more widespread U.S. recognition before touring here
	    again.

	    Any comments/news?

Tomi Moyer
(I don't know what my email address is for the outside world yet)