Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on TV

From: ken@umbc3.umd.edu (Ken Spagnolo )
Date: 11 Mar 88 15:18:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate on TV
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> From: ken@umbc3.umd.edu (Ken Spagnolo )

> Sunday night, A&E showed Kate doing Hounds of Love on Best of London
> Rock.  It was good, I want more! (I kept thinking she might go right
> into Big Sky)

>      [	Tell us more about what it looked like.  Was it a clip from
>	the British Phonographic awards?  I.e. did a man with a very
>	prominent chin wearing a suit, dance with her at the end of the
>	song?  -- |>oug ]

Yes, it must have been that clip, though I turned it on 10 seconds
before Kate started and turned it off when Phil Collins came on (yuk),
so I didn't see any credits, etc.  She did dance with a suited man at
the end, and was dressed in a suit (with skirt) herself.  There was a
cello on either side of her during the song too.

      [	Yeah, that's it!  One of those cellist was Paddy Bush.
	Unfortunately, it wasn't really a live performance -- all the
	performances on the awards show were lip-synched, but at least
	it was a different mix of the song.  -- |>oug ]

Ken Spagnolo
ken@umbc3.umd.edu

Disclaimer: <insert here>