Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Raincoats, The Roches.

From: ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Ranjit Bhatnagar)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 88 21:57:44 est
Subject: The Raincoats, The Roches.
Posted-Date: Thu, 10 Mar 88 21:57:44 est

Have the Raincoats released a new album recently?  I spied a record in
the racks at Tower that I hadn't seen 3 months before, and try as I
might, I couldn't find a copyright date on it.  (Since I had really
come for _They Might Be Giants_ - recommended by Love Hounds months
ago, and justly - I didn't buy the sucker.)

In other news: saw the Roches at the Academy of Music last Sunday.
Never seen 'em live before.  They have a great stage presence - and of
course, they can really sing.  Really.  They did mostly songs of their
new style - _Another_World_ and after - and several that are not on
any of their albums.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Encore Books is remaindering a book called
"New Women in Rock" for a couple bucks (I should say they're selling a
remaindered book - sorry) - it's very interesting, covering 30 or 40
women and bands from the punk and rock scene, including the Raincoats
and the Roches, and is also extremely out of date ('83).  But cheap.
Check in your local Encore or Crown or whatever the discount bookstore
in your area is.  (Write if you want author/publisher info or for me
to try to pick up a copy for you.)

	-Ranjit

The past tense of "drag" is "dragged."  Just say NO to "DRUG!" -- Grammar Cop
"Trespassers w"   ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu	...!{ucbvax,rutgers}!eniac...
Ranjit Bhatnagar                Unremarkable was I ere I saw Elba Kramer, nu?