Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work

From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 88 16:33:17 CST
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work

> From: trwrb!trwrb!cfalex@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Craig F. Alexander)

> Just bought the soundtrack to "She's Having A Baby".  The album is
> marginal but the KATE BUSH track "This Woman's Work" is incredible.

You should hear it in context!  WOW!  I went to see the movie last
Friday.  Overall I found the movie somewhat enjoyable and quite funny
in spots.  But the series of scenes showed while Kate's song is playing
and the context in which the song is presented (it's during the movie's
climax, if you'll pardon the expression) made it simply phenomenal!
T'was worth it just to experience that (of course, I didn't pay full
price for the movie.....).

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University