Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Leave it Open

From: Peter Glen Berger <pb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 88 12:49:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Leave it Open

After hearing about the backwards masking on "Leave it Open" from The
Dreaming, I dragged out my album copy of the album and proceded to
mutilate my phonograph.  Sure enough, this is what I heard....

	"They said they were very ^%#*GBVYA"

In other words, I don't understand the last words.  It might even be,
"They said they were buried here".  Does anyone else have any ideas as
to what it might be?

      [	Some people hear "They said they were very ill".  Others hear
	"They said they were buried here".  Still others hear "They
	 said they wouldn't let me in."  Kate says it's designed to be
	 listened to forwards, not backwards, and that forwards it
	 says "We let the weirdness in", which indeed it does.
	 -- |>oug ]

Pete Berger
Academic Computing
Carnegie-Mellon University

"If only I could/make a deal with god/and get him to swap our places..."

ARPA:     Pete.Berger@andrew.cmu.edu
          pb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu
BITNET:   NEXUS@DRYCAS
          R746PB1P@CMCCVB
UUCP:     ...!{harvard,ucbvax}!andrew.cmu.edu!pb1p