Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Kate Bush Orgy

From: "David M. Hardy" <HAADAV@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 88 16:53:48 EST
Subject: The Kate Bush Orgy

For all you Boston area Hounds, WHRB, 95.3 FM (Harvard University) is having
The Kate Bush Orgy, Friday January 22 from 5pm to 10pm.  Following is their
description from their program guide:

     Kate Bush is one of the most lyrical artists on the Progressive music
scene today.  Her music is innovative and daring without sacrificing color
and sensitivity.  Her voice, although best known for its high siren-like
quality, is incredibly versatile, capable of evoking a vast assortment of
characters and emotions.  She captures and illuminates personalities from
Greek mythology to Victorian literature, from bank robbers to young soldiers.
     We will explore the development of her music throughout her career
from her debut album, "The Kick Inside," to her later, more sophisticated
works, "The Dreaming" and "The Ninth Wave."

                                                           >>> Dave

P.S. Hope this reaches the list in time, and isn't one of several duplicates,
     but I havn't seen it mentioned yet...