Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: power failure--cold start problems

From: <jik@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 87 22:46:51 EST
Subject: Re: power failure--cold start problems

Jerry,

  On the contrary, I thought that the restart went quite well.  I'm
sure that there were some minor bugs, including the ones that you
mentioned, since this is the first time that a full system restart has
occurred.  However, overall I was very impressed with the speed with
which operations handled things.  It's no small job to get an entire
computer network up and running a few hours after a system crash.

  Hats off to you!

  --> Jonathan Kamens
      Volunteer OLC Consultant
      jik@ATHENA.MIT.EDU