Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: In reply to 10,000 Maniacs

From: nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 87 22:12:40 EST
Subject: Re: In reply to 10,000 Maniacs

> From: "Kim"  <CCAZIZA%UMCVMB.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

> I know of only one album.  We played it in "format" here at KCOU in
> Columbia, MO.  Someone wrote on the cover "this is the most
> overplayed album at the station".  It's still good.....  buy it.

Here's what little I know:

	They have two albums out - "The Wishing Chair" and "In My
	Tribe", the latter came out quite recently (a few months
	ago?).  Both are excellent.

	The band is originally from Jamestown, NY, which is
	considerably (and fortunately) south of Buffalo, and I believe
	the hometown of Lucille Ball (Oooh, aren't you excited?)

	The lead singer, Natalie Marchant is sickeningly young for
	such intelligent lyrics and melodies.

Now about Kate:

	I never thought it would happen, but I heard a MUZAK version
	of one of her songs (Man with the Child in his Eyes) in a mall
	the other day.  I had mixed emotions about this.  On the one
	hand, I was angered at the bastardization of anything Katian,
	and yet I almost want to give them credit for picking what WAS
	a wonderful song ... naahhhh!

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye."

Joan ("They call me Jane") Schopf
{decvax,linus,wjh12,mit-eddie,cbosgd,masscomp}!genrad!teddy!jns