Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

DA rules OK

From: "Neil B. M. Calton" <nbc@vax-d.rutherford.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 87 13:04:01 gmt
Subject: DA rules OK

> From: Doug Alan <nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>

> In order to make Love-Hounds hopefully continue at a reasonable
> bandwidth, I'd like to ask for a volunteer to moderate Love-Hounds
> until I have free time again.  The volunteer should probably use
> Unix and be on the Internet.

and probably also in the US - given the state of funding for various
networks in the UK and the difficulty I have mailing to people in the US.
I sincerely hope that Love-Hounds can continue in some capacity even if
it has to be irregular.

> If not, I'm told it's possible that I can get the
> Netnews portion of Love-Hounds made unmoderated, and then the whole
> Love-Hounds thing can run again on auto-pilot, but if this is done, it
> may not be easy to undo...

I'm uncertain as to what exactly are the implications of this - does
it just mean that there is no-one to cut out the crap or does it mean
certain people will not receive it anymore. Anyway, grateful thanks to
|>oug for his efforts over and above the call of duty etc.

	[ Well, you are very welcome!  I am sorry that since I met my
	  now-ex-girlfriend I haven't been doing the best of possible
	  jobs.  The implication of setting Netnews loose and
	  unmoderated into Love-Hounds is that people on Netnews can
	  generate lots and lots of useless and annoying crap.  --
	  |>oug ]

Memo to IED re 3rd Ball video - I'll let you know when I track down a
copy.  The CD music version of the event actually only has one extra
track compared to the vinyl and it is not one of Kate's contributions
(Third World Party or somesuch if I remember).