Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jamming walkmans [now Sound Warfare :-)]

From: victoro@crash.cts.com (Dr. Snuggles)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 87 00:34:11 PST
Subject: Re: Jamming walkmans [now Sound Warfare :-)]

In article <828@uop.edu> robert@uop.edu (Buckaroo Banzai) writes:

> with reference to sound waves, as I recall the French did some experiments
> with low frequencies that killed people.  There was trouble with the
> experiment, as the "speaker" vibrations were also transmitted behind,
> as well as in front of the device, killing the scientists.

> Sheer rumors?

Sounds like the basis for "Experiment IV".  Including the refrence to
'Being in the red.'

!  Victor O'Rear {hplabs!hp-sdd, akgua, sdcsvax, nosc.mil}!crash!victoro      |
|  ARPA: crash!victoro@nosc.ARPA and home: (619) 698-1680 (Sand Eigo, Ca)     |
|  "Fools, Idiots! Don't they realize that they are dealing with forces       |
|        beyond comprehension!" - "Doctor Science"                            |