Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 10,000 Maniacs inquiry

From: dap@CGL.UCSF.EDU (David A. Pearlman)
Date: 26 Oct 87 19:02:23 GMT
Subject: Re: 10,000 Maniacs inquiry

> From: ulysses!sfsup!tamar@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU

> The 10,000 Maniacs have 2 albums out. They released their second one
> in the last couple of months.

Actually, they have released four albums (or is it 3 and an EP?)
Anyway, they had two small label releases before signing with Elektra
Records. Since then, they have released two albums.

> I recommend seeing them live. I have been to half a dozen shows, all
> enjoyed.  Natalie has an interesting stage presence. Kind of a
> gloomy dead-head.

The only differences being an emphesis on cerebral matters, apparent
ties with reality, and no indications of intoxication.  Oh yeah, and
she can sing.

Their concerts are highly recommended.

--
    David A. (DAP) Pearlman