Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Reply..

From: KNIGHT%MAINE.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Michael Knight)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 87 12:27:42 EST
Subject: A Reply..

First, a reply:

> (2) there was a discussion on love-hounds a long while back about the
> Cocteau Twins, which album do you suggest i start with (on CD if
> possible)?

> (4) have _The Smiths_ or _The Dead Kennedys_ put any of their albums
> on CD?
> ------
> Gregory J. E. Rawlins            rawlins@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

As far as the Cocteau Twins go, I'd recommend 'The Pink Opaque' highly
as a first CD. My second favorite has to be 'Treasure'.  As far as
getting them 'on CD if possible', I've got around 8 CDs buy them, most
of which have two albums or EPs on them, with total play times in the
60-70 minute range.  A great buy as far as CDs go, although they were
imports and cost me around $20.00 each.

(The best buy I've made so far in CDs was at a discount store up here
that must have gotten a bunch of CD's that were damaged at the
warehouse or something. $2.00 a piece. Some were damp like they had
had water damage, maybe a fire or something. A couple of jackets were
mildewed but the CDs all played ok, which is what is most important.)

Most if not all of The Dead Kennedys albums are available on CD now.
I've got 'Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables', and have seen
'Frankencrist', 'Bedtime for Democracy', and 'Plastic Surgery
Disasters' as a double CD with 'In God we Trust, Inc.'

I think everything by the Smiths is available on CD too.

A friend of mine just picked up a bootleg tape of Kate Bush, the
'Paris' performance of her tour, for me. If you have the Hammersmith
Concert video, then you've got most of the material on this tape and
with higher audio quality than was on this tape.  I've only listened
to it once so far so I can't tell you exactly how it differs.

Sorry to disappoint IED with lack of KT news, but he seems to scoop
everyone else (at least me) as far as that goes.  My new copy of
'HomeGround' hasn't even arrived yet, and IED is already telling us
what's in it. Probably he's on the top of their mailing list.  Maine
is just a little closer to England than LA is, but he gets a copy
first...  Grrr...  You wouldn't think the mail system could be that
messed up.  (no offence intended IED, your spoiler was most eagerly
read, and I'll be most eager to check my mail each day until it
arrives.)

--Michael Knight
  Knight@Maine  <bitnet>