Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the saga of L-H KT #5 (unheard of success!)

From: "DAVID OSKARD" <oskard@CME-AMRF.ARPA>
Date: 27 Oct 87 17:56:00 EDT
Subject: the saga of L-H KT #5 (unheard of success!)

	Well, I mucked my first attempt to send this note from our
glorious VMS mailer (which I am admittedly poor at using for the time
being), so this one will be much shorter.

Hi everyone! I still exist, though mainly in read-only mode as far as
this L-H business goes.  Anyway, L-H KT #5 (Love-Hounds Kompilation
Tape #5 that is) is well on its way to its 5th Kontributor, way down
in Columbia, SC.  Here's what I added to what you may already know
about:

Robert Fripp & the League of Gentlemen: "Indiscreet I", "Cognitive
Dissonance" Urban Verbs: "When the Dance is Over" (short intro cut
from Early Damage LP) Buzzcocks: "Sitting Round at Home" (from A
Different Kind of Tension) The Residents: excerpt from "Driving the
Moles Away" (from Mark of the Mole) Tuxedomoon: "Crash" (from A
Thousand Lives By Picture)

So what this all means is that #5 has a lot of "kick-ass" musics (and
noises) on it!  You must be excited.  All cuts were edited as
necessary.  Unfortunately, I was unable to provide label info. as well
as everybody else did, since I didn't see the back of the address
sheet until I was in the Post Office (which is where they wrote all of
that).  Did the best I could from memory.  Also, I used no noise
reduction, not that I'm morally opposed to it or anything, but I only
have a mediocre implementation of Dolby B, so better none at all I
figured.

Finally, a note of consolation on |>oug's love life:
My girlfriend recently left for Belize, Central America to join the
Peace Corps.  She's setting up a howler monkey/baboon sanctuary there.
So |>oug, at least your girlfriend didn't leave you for a baboon!

	[ Hey, I'd be proud if my girlfriend left me for a baboon!
	  It's leaving me for another pathetic human that hurts...  --
	  |>oug ]

			Helping to raise the federal deficit,
								-dno

					David Oskard