Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Original Wuthering Heights?

From: scheng@H.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (Sandra Cheng)
Date: 16 Oct 87 14:17:13 GMT
Subject: Original Wuthering Heights?

> From: pb1p+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Peter Glen Berger)

> Frankly, I'm a bit upset: I just heard that Pat Benatar did a
> version of "Wuthering Heights".  Sigh.  is nothing sacred?

A few year's back when I was a DJ on the campus radio station, I was
randomly going through albums to find some stuff for the "Bad Rock
Hour" special.  Things got SO bad, I could only handle it for about
half the show.  Anyhow, I played this simpering song from Pat
Benatar's first album "Wuthering Heights".  About a 1 1/2 years ago, I
heard Kate's cover of this.  It's good but it's hard to admit to
liking something Benatar wrote.

-sandra

      [	"Kate's cover of this"???  "something Bentar wrote"???  You're
	just doing this to piss us off, right???  -- |>oug ]