Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Un Baiser d'enfant", where to find it other than a single

From: oliveb!prs@AMES.ARPA (Philip Stephens)
Date: 2 Oct 87 20:21:40 GMT
Subject: "Un Baiser d'enfant", where to find it other than a single

> From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

>     Don't get the "French CD of _Never For Ever_"! Actually, a true
> French-made CD of _NFE_ doesn't even exist, but even if it did, the
> French-language version of "The Infant Kiss" would _not_ appear on
> it, so you'd be wasting your money. "Un Baiser d'enfant", which is the
> title of the French version, was _only_ released as a single
> (in France and Canada), and was _never_ incorporated into the French
> LP.

re LP's that is no doubt true, but I have it on a 4-song cassette.  I
forget whether it was the "Kate Bush On Stage" or the "Kate Bush" (no
other title) mini-length cassette; I think they refer to it as EP or
something (ie like a single but two songs per side on the vinyl
original; all 4 on each side of the cassette "for your convenience").

CD would of course be better, but cassette is better than nothing!

I forgot to bring the tape in so I could give the correct name,
distributer, and number, but maybe this is close enough.  And I bought
both in a local California record store (Wherehouse, I think), so they
aren't too rare.

	[ It's called *Kate Bush* and is an American-only release.  I
          believe it actually has 5 songs on it, and the Canadian
	  version has an extra song, "Ne T'en Fuis Pas", on it.  The
	  Canadian version might be difficult to find in the US,
          however.  -- |>oug ]

PS I heard the french language version first, and it gave me chills w/o
having the slightest idea what the subject matter was, just from the
music and the voice of our muse (goddess).

PPS I'm overjoyed to hear about that new songbook.  Sixty songs?  Wow!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Glad this forum exists to clue me in on such things!

Blessed Be.		---Phil		(prs@oliveb)