Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Television

From: root@ZELIG.SGI.COM (Superuser)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 87 20:58:49 PDT
Subject: Re: Television

> Really-From: tpf@PYR.GATECH.EDU (Tom Friedel)

> Someone just gave me a tape labelled 'Tuxedomoon / Halfmute' that had
> some interesting 'post-punk' sounds.  I think it may be a group called
> Television, that had an album in the top 100.

The group IS called Tuxedomoon.  Halfmute is their second album.  They
were originally from San Francisco, but have recently (in the past few
yrs) undergone personnel changes and are now recording in Belgium, or
one of those tiny countries near France.  There was indeed a group
called Television.  I think they broke up about 3 or 4 yrs ago.  The
only thing I can remember about Television is that Tom Verlaine used
to be with them.

Tuxedomoon put out a few albums on Ralph Records (of SF) and ALL of them
are great. If you like Halfmute, you'll like basically anything else they
did for Ralph and probably most of their newer stuff too.

		Happy exploring,
		Kevin Gurney