Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: eXtraneous Talk about inCorrect info

From: mm5l+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Matthew Mashyna)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 87 12:28:07 edt
Subject: Re: eXtraneous Talk about inCorrect info

Yes, I bought a new Black Sea on CD a few weeks ago and it did have a
nice book with all the words including the extra stuff.  If you are
really interested in the words to White music through Drums & Wire you
should look for the Cana- dian issue of D&W on Virgin (international
?) . It comes with the words to all and also includes words to some
singles ! There's also some amusing notes about the sessions. I guess
Ian Anderson was next door recording and they got him upset.

About the B-side stuff: I really like running out to collect XTC
singles (my wallet dissagrees completely).  I have often wondered
about the selection of singles. The record companies, Virgin and now
Geffen, have been pushing them to put stuff out that will sell. To
record Skylarking they had to agree to have an American producer.
They felt that one could "MTV-ify" them, as Andy Partridge said, for
an American market. In an interview I read a few weeks ago he hinted
that they may not be on Virgin again.  Why release "Grass" instead of
"Earn Enough for Us" ? I think it would really do well.

And now a pleading request:

Does anyone have an extra Three Wise Men Christmas Single or H.S. 1
and 2 ?

email mm5l@andrew.cmu.edu