Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Bears

From: dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (David A. Pearlman)
Date: 10 Sep 87 03:30:55 GMT
Subject: Re: The Bears

> From: sg08+@andrew.cmu.edu (Stephan Greene)

> I picked up the CD of the Bears the other week. It is currently my
> favorite album! I can't recommend it highly enough. It was digitally
> recorded at a new studio somewhere in Wisconsin. The sound is
> excellent and you can make out the words fairly easily. Adrian Belew
> likes this studio so much that he has moved to Wisconsin to be near
> it.

> It's out on Primitive Man Recording Company (PMRC) records, in case
> you need to special order it.

A side note: affixed to copies of the album is a sticker which
includes a very favorable quote from John D'Agostino, one of the best
rock critics in the known world. He writes for the San Diego Reader (a
free paper which few outside of San Diego have probably ever seen),
and if he gives thumbs up to someone, they're usually worth checking
out.

This from someone who thinks most critics are pretty full of
themselves (and who has written rock criticism himself, and talked
with a lot of people who call themselves critics, and has found little
in these conversations to alter my opinion).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast...

--
    David A. (DAP) Pearlman
                                                BITNET: dap@ucsfcgl.BITNET