Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: XTC & personal taste

From: Yorick Phoenix <mcvax!kbsc!yorick@SEISMO.CSS.GOV>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 87 05:19:04 EDT
Subject: Re: XTC & personal taste

> From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinburgh.ac.uk@CS.UCL.AC.UK>

>> If the double LP that contained the A sides and B sides of their
>> mid-period singles is still in print, then this too is to be
>> recommended

> This appears to be a single LP in the UK, but I think it's one of the
> two rather than a condensation of both.  There is also at least one
> single (Life Begins at the Hop, perhaps?) that's on the US version of
> an LP but not on the UK.  (This seems to be a common result when the
> order of release is UK lp, UK (hit) single, US lp.)

When the Waxworks/BeesWax combo first came out it was packaged as a double
album in that the two single albums were wraped together and priced as a
double album.  Or at least that the way it was at the Virgin MegaStore in
Oxford St.  However I must admit that sometime after that it was split into
two seperate albums.

Now all I wish Virgin would do is release Go 2 with the Go+ EP so that I have
it in plastic form instead of having to listen to a tape of somebody elses Go+
EP.

	Yorick
--
+------------------------------------------+ The Knowledge-Based Systems Center