Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Be Kind To My Mistakes

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 87 11:57:03 EDT
Subject: Be Kind To My Mistakes

OK.  I've finally heard this "Be Kind To My Mistakes" thingie courtesy
of IED and Michael Knight.  It's fantastic!  It sounds like HoL era
instrumentation coupled with Dreaming era vocals!  If this is a taste
of what KBVI is going to be like, then now I'm doubly ecstatic about
its arrival.  Frankly, I think BKTMM wipes "Experiment IV" but I know
that I'm going to get flamed for that statement, so I better raise the
heat shields on the computer...  Has anyone seen "Castaway"?  Is it
any good?  I read the description of it in "Homeground" (and I think
it's more or less essential that you know the plot of the film in
order to understand the lyrics to "Be Kind...").  When's it going to
be out on video tape here?

And just _why_ is Terry Gilliam on the list of acknowledgements in
HoL?  Just for his inspirational filmmaking or was there a more
specific KonTribution?

Enquiring minds want to know...

--Jon Drukman