Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

'If I Had A Penis'

From: FULIGIN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 87 13:05:17 EDT
Subject: 'If I Had A Penis'

The song 'If I Had A Penis' (actual name 'Penis Envy') is performed by
Uncle Bonsai, a Minneapolis (as I recall) trio made up of two women and one
man.  The song is from their LP, 'A Lonely Grain Of Corn.'  They have a
second, newer one as well called 'Boys Want Sex In The Morning.'  Their
music is somewhere in the borders of rock and folk, although they disavow
any connection to folk music.  The lyrics are very funny and occasionally
insightful.  They are wonderful live!  They are not, however, the Roches.
If you like the Roches though, you may well like Uncle Bonsai, so why not
shell out $8 and try out their album?  Or at least call your friendly
neighborhood college ratio station and request 'Penis Envy' or 'Cheerleaders
On Drugs' or let the DJ choose one if he/she is familiar with the group...

                                  Preferring sex in the evening, actually,
                                                    -Peter Lee
Fuligin%UMass.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu