Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT guest appearance with PG

From: hanna@GVAADG.DEC.COM (ZAYED HANNA, DTN: 821-4284)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 87 19:22:30 EDT
Subject: KT guest appearance with PG

[ From the Love-Hounds lost and found... --|>oug]

Kate Bush appeared on stage yesterday night (June 28th) during the Peter
Gabriel concert to perform "Don't give up" with PG.

This was the last of four PG concerts at Earls Court in London. Although PG
played pretty much the same set during these nights, he usually sang KT's
parts himself.

Last night I think the audience was holding their breath when "Don't Give Up"
started. The first part was sung by PG and when he came to KT part we heard her
voice before the lights picked her up walking down the steps to the center of
the stage. The whole stadium FREAKED OUT !!

They did the piece together, both seated at the steps of the stairs that lead
up to the back of the stage.

There was some ad-libbing towards the end bit of the song, crowd goes bananas
again, PG thanks KT and she dissapears backstage.

She later appeared at the close of the concert to line up with PG, the
musicians and Youso N'dour's group.

What a surprise !! It was a great concert.

Zayed Hanna
(Back in Geneva)