Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cocteau Twins

From: FULIGIN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 87 16:55:50 EDT
Subject: Cocteau Twins

     For the last two weeks on '120 Minutes,' MTV has shown Cocteau Twins
videos.  Two weeks ago they showed "Love's Easy Tears" and last week they
showed their cut from the new 4AD compilation ("Lonely Is An Eyesore").
     This week, apparently, they will be showing 5 videos from the
compilation.  In addition to the C. Twins, they have already shown the
Wolfgang Press video.
     The compilation itself is well worth seeking out, the limited edition
even more so - It comes with a full colour, heavy stock booklet with blurbs
on each of the bands and accompanying 23 Envelope artwork.
     All of the tracks were recorded specifically for the compilation,
although at least two (Throwing Muses' "Fish" and Xymox's "Muscoviet
Musquito") have appeared in different versions elsewhere.  One of the two
Dead Can Dance tunes sounds familiar too - I think it was on their first
EP, but I haven't checked the titles.  There are also tracks by Dif Juz,
Wolfgang Press, Colourbox, and This Mortal Coil.  Check it out!

                                             -Peter E. Lee
Fuligin%Umass.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu