Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You can't paint a dying fire.

From: amdcad!tymix!nancyh@decwrl.dec.com (Nancy Holt)
Date: 7 Jul 87 05:51:03 GMT
Subject: You can't paint a dying fire.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I saw the video for Cloudbusting for the first time today.  Coincendentally,
_A_Book_of_Dreams_ arrived at the library today too, so I checked it out.
Actually, I had ordered it and it arrived today, at the library.
(Gee, only three lines and already I feel like I've lost people.
To paraphrase David Letterman, I can hear people hitting 'n'.)
I've read half the book today and I find it extremely fascinating so far.
However, if you don't have an open mind, a very open mind, don't read it, you
very probably won't enjoy it, despite the "normal" main theme.

I think I'll go on a Books-which-have-Kate-songs-based-on-them reading binge
because I want to and I haven't read anything for a while.  I guess I
might read _Turn_of_the_Screw_ next, or possibly _Wuthering_Heights_,
and then maybe something about Delius.  Hmmmmm...

"My M0-DEM doesn't DEM."  -tW

-Paul Holt