Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

someone wanted info on Thomas Dolby's Golden Age of Wireless pressings

From: gregr@basser.oz (Gregory John Ryan)
Date: 15 Jul 87 07:06:39 GMT
Subject: someone wanted info on Thomas Dolby's Golden Age of Wireless pressings

Some time back (article 365?) someone requested information on
alternative releases of Thomas Dolby's "The Golden Age Of Wireless".
The vinyl pressing I have is the UK pressing on the label "Venice in
Peril" through EMI (VIP 1001).  It features the cover which seems to
be the common one (magazine poster artwork) but a different selection
and ordering of material.  The track list is: Flying North, Commercial
Breakup, Weightless, Europa and the Pirate Twins, Windpower, The Wreck
of the Fairchild (whoever posted the original was most interested in
this track!), Airwaves, Radio Silence, Cloudburst on Shingle Street.
I hope the interested person is still reading.  Sorry about the delay
in getting up a reply.