Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katebits

From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 87 11:30:32 bst
Subject: Katebits

Thanks to IED and Henry Chai for the old and new interviews
respectively.  The juxtaposition of the two articles was extremely
interesting and informative. Keep up the good work lads - more power
to your typing muscles.

KompilaTion tape 6 has made it from Scotland (thanks to Jeff) and is
now here in England. When I've digested Jeff's titbits and added my
own motley selection it will wing its way to Australia (KATE knows how
long that might take).

> IED writes:

> Interview with Kate Bush by Harry Doherty, Melody Maker, June 3,
> 1978: Bob Geldof, not usually noted for dishing out praise elsewhere,
> swears by her.

I thought Bob swore ... at everything :-)

> It's like that guy, you know, 'Cor baby, that's really free.' John
> Otway.

I'll include a bit of this on my KompilaTion - in case people don't
know it.

> List of Kate Bush Fanzines:
> Under the Ivy

I sent away for back issues of these over 6 weeks ago and have
received nowt.  Not sure if my cheque has been cashed. Whatever, I
should be wary of them until further notice - it may just be the Royal
Snail cocking it up again but they may have folded or something.

> MarK T. Ganzer was just wondering with IED the other day about
> whether the format chosen by the first KonTributor would tend to
> influence that of those who follow his/her entry, and it looks as
> though the answer is 'yes' -- for better or worse.

I think that the format of many short excerpts is convenient for those
people who are faced with condensing a huge record collection into 12
minutes. It avoids having to choose between what are likely to be
radically different pieces of music and select just two or three
tracks out of thousands.  Having 10 or 20 pieces at least gives a
better flavour of what kinds of music the KonTributor finds appealing.

> From: DANDOM%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Dan Parmenter at
> Hampshire College)

> A student at Hampshire College even went so far last year as to
> construct an Orgone Accumulator in accordance with Reich's
> instructions,

I expect everyone already knows this but ... Hawkwind did a song
called "Orgonne Accumulator" on their Space Ritual album.

Be seeing you.