Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

music for dance request

From: Kathy Morris <morris@navajo.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 87 16:16:24 PDT
Subject: music for dance request

One of my housemates does modern dance, and she's looking for some
music to choreograph for.  What she really wants is a love song, sung
by a woman with a strong voice (not a ``someone done me wrong'' thing,
t should be more positive).  She likes Laurie Anderson, but I don't
think that's what she's looking for for this dance.  Given that she
also likes Peter Gabriel, I thought perhaps there'd be some Kate Bush
track that'd work.  Any suggestions, Bush'ian or otherwise?  Reply by
mail or post to L-H.  If anyone's interested, I'll post a summary.

	Kathy Morris (morris@navajo.stanford.edu,
	...!decwrl!navajo.stanford.edu!morris)

[ I'm sure Kate Bush does many songs that would be appropriate.
  "Running Up That Hill" from *Hounds of Love* is a perenial favorite,
   but it's already been perfectly choreographed by Kate herself.  The
   album, *The Kick Inside* is chock full of love songs, but her voice
   is not as strong on this album as on later albums.  Suzanne Vega
   might do some stuff that your friend would like, but I don't know
   if Suzanne's voice would be classified as "strong".  -- |>oug ]