Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Mark Katsouros <KATSOURO@UMDD>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 87 09:50:39 EDT

> Date:    Thu, 11 Jun 87 00:51 PDT
> From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu

> Thanks to Mark Kat(e)souros for the passage about Houdini, a
> wonderful birthday message for Katemas celebrants everywhere.
> Mark, what is the source of your text? If it wasn't written by
> you, then it would seem to be so close to Kate's song as to
> be very probably her direct source of inspiration. Was Houdini's
> name really Kate? Amazing.

uh, no andy, i have no idea What houdIni's "real" name was.  (i would
cerTainly wager tHat it wAsn't "Kate" though.)  dId my incredibly poor
engliSh imply Such a thIng?  anyway, the source of my text is a Direct
transcendental link between kate and myself, which only occurs when i
PlAy "houdini" backwardS at 78 Speed, and sTare at tHE ivy on the
dreaming's bacK covEr.  (i have a similar sort of link with garcia and
the boYs, but that's another story.)  but seriously, it was just
something i sort of made up on the fly.

Still waiting for Kate to do a cover of The Dead's "High times",
Mark Kat(e)souros

"Come in when it's raining
 Go on out when it's gone"