Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New music summary request

From: ism780c!mikep%sdcrdcf.UUCP@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Michael A. Petonic)
Date: 4 Jun 87 20:28:25 GMT
Subject: New music summary request
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Can the members of this news group inform and enlighten me on the
various music groups that most people on the group listen to.  Reading
the letters and various comments, I like much of the music mentioned.
When I used to live in Sierra Vista, AZ. (microscopic burg), I didn't
have access to much varied music.  Since I'm in L.A., I have more
opportunity to seek out and try new things.  What I'm basically looking
for is suggestions.

Some of the easily remembered groups that I like are: King Crimson,
Oingo Boingo, XTC, the Stranglers, Led Zeppelin (I know, don't count),
Wazo Nariz, etc.  When giving suggestions, can you give a comparable
flavor group.  (Please - no flames about each group being different and
you can't compare.  That goes without saying.  But you can liken
one group's music to another...)

TNX 1.0e06

The company and all my associates and friends and ESPECIALLY the
government put me up to say all this useless trash.
MikeP     sdcrdcf\                     "When we want too much attention
                  >-- ism780c!mikep    Not content to being cool.
           seismo/                     We must throw ourselves wide open
                                       Start acting like a fool."