Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 87 11:14:19 bst

>From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>Subject: KTrivia
>Perhaps Neil Calton has some information about the possible identity
>of the "him" for whom Kate's "There Goes a Tenner" gang used to vote?

Well I have thought about it but no answer as yet. I can barely recall
the year of decimalisation let alone who were the politicians behind it
(which is one plausible area to seek a name for "him"). Eight years of
Thatcher tends to deaden the brain for matters political. Still I'll try
and come up with some suggestions ...

>From: FULIGIN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Peter E. Lee)
>Subject:  The KompilaTion
>Neil Calton - Somewhere in England (can I have your address Neil?)

Indeed you can.
   20, Berry Croft, Abingdon, Oxon. OX14 1JL, England.

***
Here are a couple of snippets from reviews of the Go West album 'Dancing
on the Couch':
   The jazzy touches throughout lead to comparisons with Level 42, but also
   culminate in an extraordinary piece of lazy "Shipbuilding"-style swing
   in "The King is Dead", the jewel in this record's crown. The fine
   keyboard playing, together with Randy Brecker's aching flugelhorn and
   Kate Bush's breathy vocals, adds considerable authority to an album
   that otherwise tastes sharp but lacks body.
   (David Sinclair, Times June 6th).

   Whether there's a market for Go West's more thoughtful clever pop
   remains to be seen, but soemhow I think those who grooved to 'Call me'
   will lap up the more mature undercurrent of 'Dancing on the Couch'.
   P.S. Listen for Kate Bush's appearance on "The King is Dead" - now
   that's what I call pop music.
   (Andrew Vaughan, Tracks , May - record store freebie)

***

Vote Kate on June 11th.