Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 87 11:07:03 bst

>From: ganzer%trout@nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
>Subject: "And Dream of Sheep" message
>>From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
>>  Attention shipping information in sea areas .... Bell Rock, Tiree,
>                ^                               ^
>              ships                         including

Second word still sound like shipping to me but it may be that I am
used to the generic term shipping which is always used by the BBC and
never ships. Thanks for filling in the other words.

>This sounds like it is a warning of gale easterly winds in the Cromaty area
>based on reports from ships in the area and the Bell Rock and Tiree stations,
>and then continuing on to reports from the Malin and Sellafield areas. Not

The problem still remains that Bell Rock and Tiree are not sea areas so why
not give the sea area names (as with Cromaty - my crude maps seem to indicate
that Bell Rock is around the boundary of Cromarty and Forth). Also Bell Rock
and Tiree are on opposite coasts! While it is possible for the same weather
conditions to be experienced at the same time on east and west coast I
would consider this rare. Also, easterly winds in GB are rare and easterly
gales are rarer still. So if this is an actual report then it all adds
up to a fairly unique situation. But then we all know Kate is quite unique
herself don't we! If I were a betting man I'd say it was not an actual
broadcast.

>From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>OK, so it was twenty years ago today. So? Isn't it even MORE
>significant that it was sort of approximately FIVE years ago today that
>T H E   D R E A M I N G   was more or less finished, sort of?

But without 'Sergeant Pepper' then 'The Dreaming' might never have seen the
light of day. N'est ce pas?

>She'll not finish before she's re-created the
>entire universe in the terms of her own private vision. The only
>problem is, it seems to be taking her considerably longer than six days...

In this context could not 'SP' be the 'big bang' which set off her
KreaTion?

Neil [my mom wouldn't buy me a Beatles jacket] Calton