Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hounds Of Fred

From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 87 18:32:21 EDT
Subject: Hounds Of Fred

That's right gang, the band you love to hate and the band you hate to
love, the one band that could possibly turn "Wuthering Heights" into
a hardcore number have done it again...
   Myself & Joe Turner form the nucleus of this strange entity called
"Fred In A Phone Booth" (the name is an obscure translation of a Hindu
phrase meaning "My beets are red").  We occasionally have guest artists
who are generally very talented musicians and performers, either that
or they're just friends who dropped in for a visit.  This time, Joe & I are
joined by the enigmatic D. Christopher Doherty who provided a marvelous
vocal track that's sure to have Kate clutching her ears in pain, if
she were ever to hear it, that is...
   So, we've almost got enough for a 12" single now, don't we?  If you
haven't been paying attention, we've done "Wuthering Heights" as a hardcore
number, a relatively painless version of "James And The Cold Gun" and a
very odd "Hounds Of Love".  So, send your cold hard cash (or check or
money order) in the amount of $2.95 for a blank tape and postage to:
            FRED sings KATE
            c/o Jon "The Axe" Drukman
            23 Locksley Rd
            Newton, MA  02159