Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another anti-CD die-hard bites the dust...

From: mit-amt!bc@mit-amt.media.mit.edu (bill coderre)
Date: 23 May 87 01:23:59 GMT
Subject: Another anti-CD die-hard bites the dust...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I finally gave in and bought my first CD.

I do believe that the time has finally come to start dealing with
these things. Finally there are several CDs that are worth buying
above and beyond the record versions.

I've been holding off, waiting for the inevitable.

Well, it's here.

Yes. I am stalling.

What? You ask.

Captain Beefheart: SHINY BEAST (Bat Chain Puller)

Also available: (i.e I'm considering buying)

Captain Beefheart: Doc at the Radar Station

I'm also considering:

Jonathon Richman's Greatest Hits (The Beserkely Years)

which has 18 or 22 cuts (can't remember) and they're all the good
ones.

And of course:

Pere Ubu: Terminal Tower (The Archival Collection)

And of course, the FZ CDs.

Oh well, I knew I was gonna start spending too much money soon..........bc

Next thing you know, I'll start liking Kate Bush.

"The Ants are My Friends" - B Dylan