Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gee, do I HAVE to put a subject, mom?

From: Kathy Morris <morris@navajo.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 May 87 12:58:45 PDT
Subject: Re: Gee, do I HAVE to put a subject, mom?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

dk24#@andrew.cmu.edu (David Jason Kyle) writes:

>About Laurie
>
>Can you tell me what the album "You're the Man I Want To Share My Money With"
>actually is?

I have a copy of this.  It's a double album, available on Giorno Poetry
Systems records.  Side one is Laurie Anderson (Dr Miller, It was up
in the mountains (? a poem read by ``Paul from LA'') and the rest is
selections from United States).  Side two is spoken stuff by John Giorno
(I think; I don't have my copy here at the moment).  Side 3 is William S.
Burroughs reading selections from Cities of Red Night.  Side 4 is 1/3 each
L.A., J.G. and W.B. They're interleaved, so if you have a brain-damaged
semi-automatic turntable like mine, it's impossible to determine which
track you'll get.

I got it from Art in Form, a mail-order place in Seattle; if you want the
address, send me mail and I'll dig it up.

By the way, I missed most of the brouhaha about kicking Hoffman and Wiscinski
off the net.  If there's to be an alternative mailing list, I wanna be on it.

	Kathy