Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

for _The Single File_.  Yes, this means exactly that the CD does NOT
have the same back artwork as the LP, which memory tells me had
the track titles listed around its border, and also bore the very very
important lyric "And with a kiss, I'd pass the key...".  A terrible
omission...I now have to try to *explain* to people what the front
portrait means, instead of simply pointing at a quote and demanding that
they listen for themselves.

While we're on the topic of artwork...two items.  First, a question:
was there ever a CD of _The Kick Inside_ with the "windy-waily landscape
plus Del's hand-drawn figure" back cover?  Both of the British pressings
that I've seen (one the standard Nimbus release, the other a French
pressing with British artwork, obtained by a friend in Singapore) have
the plain white-lettering-on-red back cover.  Secondly, I took a
look at a friend's domestic _HoL_ the other day...while they've used
the `correct' artwork i.e. "The Coming of Arthur" and the hounds' credits,
the lyrics inside appear to have been printed through a gray mesh, and are
amazingly illegible.  Blecch.

-dave
--
David T. Hsu			Newsaholic Emeritus