Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

bacKwards Taping, hidden tracKTs and all that fun stuff...

From: ganzer%trout@nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Wed, 20 May 87 22:21:26 PDT
Subject: bacKwards Taping, hidden tracKTs and all that fun stuff...

-------
Looks like I spoke too soon about not being able to get Paul Holt's
reverse tape technique to work. I just lost track of which direction
which tracks were going. So I got it to work. The results? Pretty shitty
(IED will verify this as he heard the result also). The problem is that
the syllables and particularly the consonants in the WYWM backwards track
are very unclear to start with. The added loss of detail with this
technique makes the passage totally unintelligable. I will have to say
that I was still using a good quality tape. It might work better with
an ultra-thin el-cheapo brand tape (less backing to read through, etc).
Anyways, it looks like I'll have to finish the backwards playing walkman
this weekend. Now, it's supposed to be 12 words begining with "Don't"...