Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Gee, do I HAVE to put a subject, mom?

From: amdcad!tymix!nancyh@decwrl.DEC.COM (Nancy Holt)
Date: 19 May 87 19:21:47 GMT
Subject: Gee, do I HAVE to put a subject, mom?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, here I am in cloudy California(as always - California that is, not
to say that it is always cloudy, which it isn't. AAAH! Runaway
parenthetical expressions! run for your lives!)

I've got a dandy idea.  I'll start this from the top.

It's good to see other Laurie Anderson fans here.  I just bought the
five record set, United States Live, yesterday, but a friend of mine
borrowed it before I could finish listening to it.  I also found
Kate Bush On Stage in the import section at Tower, which was odd
because the Tower in Campbell does not have a Kate Bush slot in the
import section.  Now they do.  The Dreaming CD also came into my
possesion.  Gee, now I can retape it with less hiss.

Does anybody know where I can find the videocassette for Home of the
Brave (back to Laurie Anderson)?

The tapes I use to listen to stuff in reverse is whatever I happen to have
lying around the house such as computer program storage cassettes from ages
past, K-mart tapes (there's a story behind those), or some low grade
TDK thingie with long forgotten stuff on it.  I've never used a good
tape, I wonder what it would be like??? (Question marks for fun and
profit)

Mr. Hsu, when I said that I thought Kate could still do her job if she
were Jon Anderson I was just kidding!  I was referring to the fact that Jon"
.pS
I say, Jon's voice is several octaves higher than the average male voice
(and now I am exaggerating)

In fact, I'm never fully serious when I write and everything I say
should be taken with a grain of salt (unless otherwise notified)

But this is not to say I don't write what I mean.  I mean, gee, I don't
know what I mean.

What I am saying is this, and this goes to everyone, I'm not just
speaking to Mr. Hsu anymore, take me seriously, but not too
seriously.

At least, that is what I think I am trying to say

And now, I shall bang my head on the keyboard.

rtedxiukjm ,fctrfgiulkjm ,vdcyrtfgdciulkm ,vj

I hope that you are satisfied.

Love and cheeriness,
Paul Holt

"having a wonderful time - Wish you were here."