Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush/Laurie Anderson

From: gmw8868@fedeva.UUCP (Mitch Wood)
Date: 6 May 87 17:43:05 GMT
Subject: Kate Bush/Laurie Anderson

I am new to the Kate Bush scene. I just got a copy of the 'Hounds of
Love' CD from our library. And I really like it. Also, I got copies of
Laurie Anderson's Big Science and Mister Heartbreak.  They are notably
good.  KB and LA have very differing styles, but also are the same.
They both tell TALES with their lyrics.  But I think KB does a better
job of putting her TALES to music. LA is a bit on the 'raw-side'.
Little or no flow to her accompanyment.  KB flows with her back-ups.
But I am not flaming LA.  It is my opinion that KB, I guess for no
other reason but my own enjoyment, is more interesting musically. I
like both artist and will continue to listen to them both. I have
recently written some lyrics in the taste of LA's style (and maybe
David Byrne's too). I haven't written the music yet, but it will
probably be more on the taste of KB. (orchestrated with
strings/horns/big-percussion, but soft and flowing) it should be an
interesting project.

!  Mitch Wood @ Federal Express Coporation.. Memphis, TN		    !
!  [..!akgua!cylixd!fedeva!foobar]                                          !
!  "Ohhh whey ohhhh .... Walk like an E-gyp-shunnnnnnnn......." The Bangles.!