Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC Interview

From: seismo!rochester!ritcv!jaw7509
Date: Thu, 14 May 87 18:38:15 EDT
Subject: XTC Interview

I heard a great interview with Andy Partridge of XTC on college radio
last night. (42 on WBER for you Roaches) He'd talk about a track and
then they'd play it. I think they were playing some of the demo work
in the background too.  They played the whole album and he explained
about the different tracks. He said that Season's Cycle was written as
a sort of take off on Beach Boy's songs. He added words like "Darling"
with the thought that NO other group than the Beach Boys would use a
word like Darling for a lyric.

The guy was hillarious. It would be great if they would tour. Do they
ever tour? I heard one time that Collin is REALLY shy and won't get on
stage. Partridge called him shy too. What's the word?

John White   40 Belmont St.   Rochester,   N.Y.   14620
(seismo,allegra)!rochester!ritcv!jaw7509